The Gallery at the Hub is open to submissions for its next exhibition, which will be titled ‘North Pennines – a Hidden Treasure’. The exhibition will run between 1st August and 30th October 2018.
Gallery at the Hub is a part of Hallbankgate Hub – a community enterprise comprising shop, café and gallery. The Hub is positioned in the heart of the picturesque village of Hallbankgate, situated at the edge of the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. This exhibition will focus on North Pennines.
The Gallery primarily caters to 2D work, but there is a limited space available for displaying 3D work as well, so we encourage everyone to apply. 20% commission plus VAT on commission on all sales will apply (this means 24% of sales price will be deducted.
Following are the guidelines for sale:
- All work must be for sale
- The submissions should be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- Please put ‘North Pennines – a Hidden Treasure exhibition submission’ in the subject line of your e-mail
- We invite artists to submit up to 3 pieces of work for this exhibition
- For each submitted piece, please include image, medium, title, dimensions and price
- The price should include the 20% commission + VAT on commission. For example, if you indicate the price of £100, you will receive £76 from this sale
- The number of pieces accepted from each artist will depend on the total number and dimensions of pieces admitted for this exhibition
- The decisions on admissions will be made by a panel
- Publicity and promotion will be done by the Hub, but artists will be encouraged to promote to their own communities via any means they normally use
- The Hub will carry liability and accidental damage insurance
- If your work is accepted, we will ask you to also submit an artist’s statement which should not exceed 300 words
- We will communicate the delivery schedules once the exhibition has been finalised
- It would be helpful if you were able to replace sold work
- We will not be able to store any spare work at the gallery
- The deadline for submissions is 15th July 2018